Hi, I'm Edie and this our family (minus 3 other beautiful and unique adult children). Two years ago I decided to give up my career as a family practice physician to stay home full time with my family. Shortly thereafter and by God's grace and providence, I found another place to channel those creative wellsprings in my heart--thus, this blog was born. In short order, this southern belle and mother of four became a blogger, a homeschooler, a Lutheran, and a self-proclaimed goddess of the domestic arts. I document my faith journey, my mother love, my insatiable appetite for classic literature, lipgloss, cooking, C.S. Lewis...... and my eclectic, retro-cottage decorating style.

I look for the divine among the mundane and cherish the sacred grace moments that spring up through the stony ground of everyday living. I view my vocation as a wife and mother as nothing short of miraculous----that God would entrust His beautiful created life to me is an honor of which I am not worthy. I am making this journey....this amazing life....with my husband of ten years, who continually inspires me, who never ceases to 'raise the bar' to deeper levels of love and understanding. And who always grabs the book I was just about to read next.


I am so glad that you have come.I will pour out everything inside me so that you may leavethis table satisfied and fortified.Blessings on your eyes.Blessings on your children.Blessings on the ground beneath you.My heart is a ladle of sweet water, brimming over.The Red Tent, Anita Diamanti

7 comments:
Oh I just love you Edie! I hope some day we can meet in real life.
Beautiful--You and the way you explained and expressed YOU. WOW.
I think the first time I read your blog was someone had linked your kitchen redo and I was in LOVE :) I think I subscribed that day a month or so ago and over the past few days I've went back and read your whole blog. I was born and raised in Blountville,TN a little town between Kingsport and Bristol, so I was surprised that you lived in Morristown...not too far from where I grew up. I now live in Bluffton, SC, a little town just outside of Hilton Head. I just wanted to drop a line and let you know how wonderful I think you are...from your home and family to your recipes, which I haven't tried but can't wait to! Thanks for writing, and know that I'll be reading :)
it's nice to meet you, i am loving you blog!
Beautifully written! It's a blessing to meet you and to read you posts! Thanks for your honesty.
Love Sarah xx
Hello Edie
To all the one's out here who have never met her, I am so proud of her! I have met her and am a better person for it! She has a sister and brother that are just as special! Not only is she talented, creative, witty and full of grace...she was a heckuva short stop too!
Love you Edie!
Hi Edie!
I came across your blog today by way of another new blog (Life with 3 Boybarians) that I came across via the Nester. I've had a little extra time on my hands lately so I went blog exploring. Anyway, what really caught my eye and kept me reading initially was that you're from eastern Tennessee and I have been wanting to find a blogger from my (new) neck of the woods. Most of the other bloggers I read are from the western US so I learn a lot about the happenings in their area but am glad that now I can read about other "happenin's" in this area! Anyway, read more of your blog and love it! You've got me hooked! Can't wait to get to know you better!
Post a Comment